The undergraduate Public Service graduation requirement is grounded in a sustained sequence of learning articulated by the Center's mission. Instituting a cumulative and reflective graduation requirement makes explicit the ideal that education uniting public service and scholarship can be a transformative experience.
To complete the Public Service graduation requirements students must:
- Successfully complete one service learning course (at the 1000 – 3000 level) no later than the fifth semester of full-time enrollment at Tulane.
- Satisfy the second-tier public service graduation requirement after the first-tier service learning course is completed, and once the student has attained sophomore standing. Students must participate in one of the following Center for Public Service approved programs at the 3000 level or above:
- Service learning course: Link to Service Learning Page
- Academic service learning internship: Link to Internship Page
- Faculty-sponsored public service research project: Link to Petitions page
- Public service honors thesis project: Link to Petitions page
- Public service-based international study abroad program: Link to International Program Page
- Capstone experience with public service component